Video Gogh turns your pictures and videos into painted works of art!
Providing an easy and intuitive interface, Video Gogh employs the powerful technology used in "What Dreams May Come," 1998 Academy Award Winner for Best Visual Effects. How it works: Simply open a movie with Video Gogh, make a few choices and Gogh! Out comes a painted painted animation. Couldn't be simpler.
With version 3 you can now supply your own custom brushes, which can be animated too!
Video Gogh is an After Effects-compatible plugin designed to work in several host applications. (See Specifications tab for exact compatiblity).
Video Gogh Features
- Apply only where needed. Brushes are only generated in the portions of a layer that are visible.
- 3 default styles of brushes and painting looks.
- Ability to add custom brushes, including animated brushes.
- Variable size brushes.
- Variable distance between brushes (the plugin does not require full coverage by paint strokes).
- Variable opacity of the brushes.
- Size, distance and opacity may be animated for a sequence.
- 8 and 16bpc support.
- Ability to control brush motion from frame-to-frame using motion sources that are separate from the sequence being painted.
- Brush orientation by default calculated from the images being painted. However you can also control brush orientation by specifying alternate image sequences, including direction maps (via screen-space normals) from 3D systems for exact control.
- Ability to control how fast or slow brushes grow into existence (birthing) or decay into nonexistence (dieing) when brushes are created or destroyed.
Video Gogh Compatibility
- Adobe After Effects 7.0 and up, including 64-bit support for CS5 and up
- Apple Final Cut Pro 5.1, 6 and 7, but not FCP X (read about limitations)
- Fusion 5.02 and up via Fusion's After Effects plugin adapter. Only the 32-bit version of Fusion is supported because 64-bit Fusion does not support After Effects-compatible plugins
- Quantel generationQ
- Other programs that offer After Effects plugin compatibility, please test demo before purchase
Note: Compatibility with Quantel's generationQ product line is provided through Video Design Software's Synapse.
Operating System Requirements
ESD - Electronic Sales Distribution