RE:Lens for After Effects
Fisheye, super-wide angle, spherical and 360 panorama processing made easy!
Easy corrections and conversions for common projections and lens distortions.
- Capture with your fisheye or super fisheye lens and then convert to normal “rectilinear” projection for output, eliminating the need to watch curved images.
- 360 (LatLong) to 2D conversion: Convert your 360 panoramic VR video to normal 2D, with options to edit and animate your point of view within the LatLong video.
- Convert super fisheye clips to a 360 panoramic video in a single step without the need for stitching software.
- Paint or add motion graphics, titles, 3D material to your LatLong, fisheye and other non-rectilinear material easily: Convert to normal 2D, add motion graphics or 3D animation, then return the elements back to your source format using RE:Lens.
- Create ultra-wide aspect ratio videos from fisheye and wide-angle field-of-view lenses, maintaining a larger undistorted FOV than you can with any normal range lens.
- Proper perspective correction controls for wide-angle and fisheye
- Option to reduce over-stretched corners when generating super wide field-of-view outputs.
- Use super high-res 360 stock panoramas, or capture your own, and animate a virtual camera move within them.
- Attenuates chromatic distortions and fringing that can occur with curved lenses.
- Handles normal pincushion and barrel corrections for super wide-angle zoom lenses.
- Dedicated support for exotic mirror-based systems such as parabolic lens-mirrors and mirror balls.
- High quality filtering options. Option to automatically soften or sharpen in the appropriate places.
- Convert between these projection formats: rectilinear, latitude longitude (equirectangular 360 panoramic VR), fisheye, super fisheye, super wide-angle zoom, mirror ball projections, parabolic lens-mirrors.
Straighten your video
Use RE:Lens to straighten your curved video shot with super-wide and fisheye lenses. No more skinny legs or abnormally small heads when you don’t want them!
Single camera 360 video made easy
Shoot with a single camera with a superfish lens and convert the video to LatLong format suitable for use with 360 VR viewers. With the proper lens and camera setup, stitching can often be eliminated from your 360 workflow.
More uses for superfish, high-res imagery
Capture super wide-angle shots with large resolution, then straighten and animate camera rotations and zooms in post, providing greater flexibility when directing the viewer’s attention. Even create two separate virtual views using a single camera!
Installed plug-in will work with After Effects CS5 (and up). Compatible with both, Windows and Mac OS. Meaning, for using RE:Lens you will need one of the following versions of Adobe After Effects: CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC, CC 2014, CC 2015
The same OS and hardware requirements for the version of After Effects that you are using.
ESD - Electronic Sales Distribution