Twixtor for Avid intelligently slows down, speeds up or changes the frame rate1 of your image sequences.
Twixtor raises the bar in motion estimation. Twixtor is much more accurate, tracks objects farther, and exhibits fewer artifacts when there are objects crossing in the scene. This means less tearing and stretching of objects as they cross or go out of the frame.
Twixtor enables you to speed up, slow down or frame rate convert1 your image sequences with visually stunning results. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence... employing RE:Vision's proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
Nick Brooks, Academy Award and Emmy Award winner for visual effects says, "Twixtor represents a new touchstone in retiming. The difference in accuracy means that retiming artifacts are either drastically reduced or disappear on the hardest to retime footage."
DV Magazine calls Twixtor "amazing" and "a must-have for any toolkit."
Chris Meyer, co-founder of CyberMotion, teacher of regular seminars on After Effects, columnist for DV Magazine and co-author of Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects and other books, says "I've tried other solutions - including Pixel Motion and Timewarp in After Effects 7 - and I have to say that Twixtor still consistently gives me the smoothest speed-shifted footage with the least amount of sweat, hands-down."
Creative Cow review by Marco Solorio: "I highly recommend this plugin to those seeking absolute superiority in time frame manipulation."
Video Systems Magazine says "it's the best plug-in method for creating speed changes, slow-motion effects, and frame-rate conversions."
DIGIT magazine says "If you regularly find yourself stretching or shrinking footage to fit a target duration, or creating extreme speed control special effects, this is a plugin that you'll find invaluable."
1 Frame rate conversion fully supported with After Effects and combustion only. Frame rate conversions can often be accomplished in other applications by writing out image sequences and reading them back in with a different frame rate setting.
Twixtor for Avid Features
- Warping and interpolation of frames using optical flow to retime input footage.
- Smart processing of interlaced material.
- Stretching of a sequence using a single scaling parameter.
- Keyframable retiming for complete control on a frame by frame basis.
- Option to automatically enhance dark imagery or imagery with poorly defined edges. In many cases, footage that was difficult to track becomes much more well-behaved upon retiming.
- Contains an option to add or remove motion motion blur, as appropriate.
Now wth 64-bit support for Media Composer 6, Symphony 6 and NewsCutter 10!
TWIXTOR pro Avid Systems (Media Composer, Symphony, NewsCutter) is compatilble with
- Media Composer 5.0 and up tested, including 64-bit support for MC 6 Should work in 3.0 and 4.0, please try the demo before purchasing.
- Symphony 5.0 and up tested, including 64-bit support for v6 Should work in 3.0 and 4.0, please try the demo before purchasing.
- NewsCutter 7.0 and up, including 64-bit support for NewsCutter 10
Experience Human Flight
Slow Motion Drift
Surfer and waves
ESD - Electronic Sales Distribution