Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 - Academic Site License (minimum 5 seats per site)
(formerly Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum)
Professional-quality moviemaking alias Hollywood at home
Make Hollywood-style movies faster and easier. Import and edit HD and stereoscopic 3D files, use compositing and color-correction tools, apply 5.1 surround sound mixing, and more. Deliver your movies any way you want. Upload them to YouTube™ and Pixelcast™ (a new website from Sony for sharing and collaboration), burn them to Blu-ray Disc™, or author DVDs with custom menus and graphics. With its inviting interface, intuitive workflow, and impressive editing tools, Movie Studio Platinum puts professional-grade moviemaking right at your fingertips.
Movie Studio Platinum software has everything needed to produce spectacular HD movies. Powerful tools for video compositing, color correction, and surround sound mixing help you get feature-film results in your home studio. To share, upload movies to YouTube™, burn to Blu-ray Disc™, or author DVDs with custom menus and graphics.
Capture the action
You've shot video on your Bloggie®, Handycam, GoPro®, and phone, and now you want to bring all the clips together and make a movie. Easy! Import multiple file types into Movie Studio Platinum and edit them on the same timeline. Sort the imported clips to decide which work best in your project.
Easy project creation
Start your project out right. Use the New Project dialog to ensure that each project is set up with the exact settings you need to produce stunning movies, every time. Select the option that best matches your video (AVCHD, Blu-ray Disc™, stereoscopic 3D, and more) and Movie Studio sets your Project Properties for you.
Sounds and titles
Round out your movie with exciting soundtracks and beautiful titles. Import your own music from CD or MP3, record instruments directly into the program, or select from the 20 included Sony Sound Series: Production Music audio files to create the perfect music bed. Animate text in your movies with the Titles & Text tool or create 3D titles with NewBlue Titler EX. The choice is yours!
Up the excitement
Boost colors, apply slow motion, or add other effects to enhance any video project. Add effects to an entire track or to individual events, and view your changes instantly in the Preview Window.
Transitions and dissolves
From standard dissolves to sensational 3D, add artistic style between scenes with video transitions. Change the duration of each transition with a simple drag of the video or audio event.
Build something great
Add up to 20 video and 20 audio tracks to each Movie Studio Platinum project. Create a movie with multiple video layers for compositing or picture-in-picture-style scenes. You can also record multitrack audio directly into the program to create the perfect atmospheric soundtrack.
New ways to share
Publish movies to Pixelcast™ without ever leaving the application! Construct a video or slideshow of your vacation, a family event, or a get together with friends. Then send a link to others to check out your experience or invite them to collaborate by uploading photos and video of their own.
Powerful Video Editing
- Edit video in nearly any format including 3D MVC and Sony AVCHD video
- Create stereoscopic 3D projects and output them in a variety of formats
- Produce high-quality movies, corporate videos, wedding DVDs, and more
Advanced Video and Audio Editing Tools
- Apply Reverb, EQ, and other effects to customize your audio
- Use image stabilization technology to reduce jitter and shaky video footage
- Restore washed-out footage, make specific colors stand out, and balance color differences between scenes
Surround Sound Mixing and Encoding
- Import multichannel (5.1) source files from camcorders including Sony® DVD and AVCHD Handycam® models
- Use the surround sound mixing and panning tools to create surround DVD soundtracks
- Encode AC-3 stereo or 5.1 mixes with the included Dolby® Digital AC-3 encoding software
The Perfect Soundtrack
- Includes exclusive music soundtracks to complete your video
- Import music from CDs and MP3s or record your own voiceover track
- Remove clicks, pops, and other unwanted noise with audio restoration tools
Integrated DVD and 2D/3D Blu-ray Disc™ Creation
- Author and burn professional-looking DVDs
- Add custom menus, buttons, backgrounds, and navigation to DVDs
- Burn high-definition and Blu-ray 3D™ Discs directly from the video timeline
Share Your Creations
- Create your own music CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc™ in minutes
- Upload projects directly to Pixelcast™, YouTube™ and YouTube 3D
- Share audio and video on portable devices such as PSP®, iPod®, iPhone®, and more
Produce stunning 3D video with innovative stereoscopic 3D editing tools. Access hundreds of video and audio effects. Personalize your movies with text animations, title rolls, scrolling credits, and more — all in Movie Studio Platinum.
Simple editing tools
Use new tools like the Split and Trim buttons in the toolbar for speedy and precise editing. Use the Split button to break an event into sections. The new Trim button helps to quickly remove excess footage from the beginning or end of your project.
Create stereoscopic 3D projects as easily as 2D projects, no additional tools required. Preview and deliver projects in side by side, line alternate, and anaglyphic modes. Even if you don't have an expensive 3D monitor, you can create anaglyphic 3D projects, preview them with a pair of inexpensive anaglyphic glasses, and then deliver the projects any way you want.
Video plug-in architecture
The video effects plug-in architecture, based on the Open Effects Association platform, enables third-party plug-in developers to design and produce advanced video effect plug-ins more easily. Additional plug-ins offer Movie Studio Platinum users hundreds of new effects and special techniques.
Start a dialog
The New Project, Render As, and Make Movie dialogs make it easier for users of any skill level to create new projects, export completed projects, or burn existing projects to a DVD or Blu-Ray Disc™.
Quick production tools
Be more productive! Download Fasst Apps plug-ins by Vasst to speed up editing processes such as lower-third creation and marker placement.
Reduce jitter and shaky video footage with image stabilization technology. Shaky video footage, shot from handheld camcorders and inexpensive portable pocket devices, can quickly be salvaged with several optimized presets.
Secondary color corrector
Adjust color differences in videos shot with multiple camera setups or lighting situations. Enhance dull, washed-out footage, or make specific color ranges stand out.
Make yellow or blue video look natural again. Users can automatically adjust the color of a clip, or entire video track, with poor white levels simply by using the white balance plug-in tools.
Easy slideshow creation
Quickly create dynamic slideshows from a set of images with a few simple clicks. Create pan/zoom effects and transitions across a collection of still images.
Play your video from the Trimmer and Video Preview windows. Transport controls provide intuitive and immediate command over editing, as well as improve the overall workflow and experience.
Create movies that sound as good as they look. Use Movie Studio Platinum to produce custom music soundtracks, remove unwanted noise from video footage, control audio volume and panning with track envelopes, record and edit live audio, and synchronize audio with video.
Access up to 20 royalty-free Sony Sound Series: Production Music soundtracks. Each Production Music soundtrack comes in four different lengths. Choose the one that best fits your movie, or tweak the file any way you want. You can also import your own music directly from CD or MP3.
Record your own voiceover and music into Movie Studio Platinum. Work with up to 20 tracks, all of which can be used to record audio. You can also record different takes and use one or all of them in your project.
Ensure a high-fidelity soundtrack. The Audio Restoration plug-in lets you remove clicks, pops, and other unwanted noise from your music and audio files.
Surround sound mixing and encoding
Import multichannel (5.1) source files from your camcorder. Use the surround sound mixing and panning tools to create surround DVD soundtracks. Encode AC-3 stereo or 5.1 mixes with the included Dolby® Digital AC-3 encoding software.
Audio Event FX
Audio Event effects provide more precise control over the placement of audio effects as you can apply unique effects directly to events.
Zplane élastique timestretching
With élastique Pro technology, you can perform dramatic time stretches and pitch-shifts of audio tracks while retaining maximum sound quality.
DVD and Blu-ray Discs™ authoring
Produce picture slideshows, single-movie DVDs, music compilations, and menu-based DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ projects in no time. Choose from dozens of ready-made templates or create your own custom backgrounds and buttons. Add a menu and scene-selection menu to any title.
Easy DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ creation
Movie Studio Platinum comes with DVD Architect Studio software so you can easily create and burn professional-looking DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. You'll be creating picture slideshows, single-movie DVDs, music compilations, and menu-based DVDs on your computer in no time!
The Preview window allows you to watch your project on a simulated television monitor with a virtual remote control. Use the buttons on the remote control to navigate and play your movie.
Extensive video and audio support
DVD Architect™ Studio software supports today's popular video and audio formats so you can make DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ projects that will play on almost any DVD/BD player or DVD/BD-capable computer.
Burn directly from the timeline
Burn a DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ directly from the timeline. This method is fast and makes it incredibly easy to create a single-movie DVD or Blu-ray Disc so that you can share your masterpiece with friends.
Professionally designed themes
Minimum system requirements
- Microsoft® Windows 7, Win 8, Win 8.1 or Windows 10
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- IEEE-1394DV card (for DV capture and print-to-tape)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- 512 MB GPU memory
- Supported NVIDIA or AMD GPU:
- NVIDIA: Requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later.
- GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
- Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.
- AMD/ATI: Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
- Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
The software is available in following languages:
About Sony Creative Software - manufacturer
Sony Creative Software (also called Sony Media Software) is a part of SONY concern.
Majority of Sony Creative Software's programs come from SONIC FOUNDRY, the software original producer.
In may 2003 the entire family of audio - video production software was purchased by Sony Pictures Digital from SONIC FOUNDRY.
That times, those programs were:
Later, Sony gradually derived "Studio" products line from them to offer a price reasonable alternative for smaller production studios and home use:
Within the same business transaction, 70 engineers-developers left Sonic Foundry to join Sony team.
Since then, Sonic Foundry has been focusing on Web-based, rich-media presentation and database software.
About ERPEA - distributor
ERPEA company is a distributor authorized by Sony Creative Software.
We also take care of technical support for all Sony Creative Software products.
Download FREE trial version and test the software without any limits for up to 30 days from installation!