Upgrade to Boris RED 5 from previous versions
Boris RED is the only integrated 3D compositing, titling, and effects application to deliver unparalleled performance to NLEs from Adobe, Apple, Avid, Grass Valley, Resolve, and Sony. Designed specifically for video editors, RED offers an unprecedented range of features and adds a standalone engine for rendering. It integrates 2D and 3D compositing, titling, paint, rotoscoping, a full suite of tools to create and extrude vector objects, 3D creation and animation, and industry-leading DVE technology. Save time and money using one interface, in one system.
RED Key Features:
- Advanced 2D and 3D compositing with unlimited layers
- Over 160 filters including Time, Motion, Keying, Lights, and Particle effects
- Superior 2D and 3D titling
- Vector text for razor-sharp display at any scale
- EPS import, animation, and extrusion
- Vector paint and rotoscoping with precise controls
- Raster Paint Engine
- High-quality motion tracking, corner pinning, and image stabilization
- OpenGL accelerated effects creation and playback
- Includes 1,500+ customizable preset effects
- Subtitle import feature
- 16-bit color depth support
- Intersect any 3D shape including planes, spheres or extruded text
Comparing RED and BLUE
BLUE and RED are both professional compositing and motion graphics solutions used to achieve outstanding visual effects. Even though BLUE is based on the award-winning Boris RED, the two products are actually quite different from one another. When used together they can create visually stunning results faster then ever before!
Advantages of RED over Blue
- More integrations with many NLEs - not yet in Blue.
- Mac OS support - not yet in Blue.
- Wider graphics card support - not yet in Blue.
- Chart generator - not yet in Blue.
- Pixel Chooser - not yet in Blue.
- Compatible settings with FX, Avid FX and Graffiti - Blue has own settings format.
- Large selection of Software filters - not yet in Blue (many made into Blue shaders but not all, Blue accepts plug in filters such as Continuum but they are not included).
Advantages of Blue over RED
- 100% hardware preview and rendering to disk means faster speed.
- Imported models - Blue can work with large number of polygons.
- Custom spline based bevels on extrusion give Blue more modeling power.
- Material shaders include bumps and reflections giving users more control over 3D materials.
- 3D deformers - more animation options in Blue.
- Particle engine with sprites and 3D models - more particle options and on screen interaction.
- Movie direct streaming from hard drives with Audio - no need to preview to RAM.
- Animate multiple objects on spline based paths.
- Type On effects allow intersection of objects in 3D - more options than in RED.
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia market segments. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony.
ESD - Electronic Sales Distribution
Windows and Mac OS X compatible.
Host compatibility: Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, Sony Vegas Pro.: